Cedar City, Utah is located near several popular fishing spots, offering a variety of fishing opportunities for anglers of all skill levels. Here are a few of the best places to fish near Cedar City:
- Brian Head Resort: Located just a short drive from Cedar City, Brian Head Resort is a popular destination for fishing in the summer months. Anglers can fish for rainbow trout in the streams and ponds in the area.
- Panguitch Lake: Panguitch Lake is a large, scenic lake located about an hour’s drive from Cedar City. It’s a popular destination for fishing, with a variety of fish species including rainbow trout, brook trout, and cutthroat trout.
- Cedar City Reservoir: This small reservoir is located just outside of Cedar City and is a popular spot for fishing for rainbow trout and smallmouth bass.
- Fish Lake: Fish Lake is a large, high-elevation lake located about two hours from Cedar City. It’s known for its large populations of cutthroat trout and mackinaw trout.
- Beaver River: The Beaver River is a small stream located near Brian Head Resort and is a popular destination for fly fishing.
- Kids’ Pond, Navajo Lake, New Castle Reservoir and Yankee Meadows are other good options.
These are just a few of the many fishing spots near Cedar City. Regardless of your fishing experience or preferred fishing method, you’re sure to find a great place to fish in the area. Before you go, be sure to check the latest fishing regulations and obtain any necessary licenses or permits.