Three Die in Enoch House Fire

Three adults died, two females and one male, Monday, April 13th, 2015 in Enoch, Utah on 4568 N Pioneer Rd at about 10:30 pm. The fire started in the garage. The house is a total loss. Two vehicles in the driveway were also burned. The fire was called in by a neighbor. There was minor damage to the house just to the south. Neighbors reported hearing a large boom which authorities said was likely caused by the vehicles that also caught fire at the time. Red Cross representatives have been called in and will be available for any grief counseling needed. The bodies were taken to a mortuary and will be sent to Salt Lake City for further investigation. Firefighters also reported finding a cat and a dog dead inside the home, while a second cat was found outside, alive. The Enoch City Animal Shelter has contacted relatives of the deceased and is working with animal rescue organizations to find placement for livestock on the property. The source of the fire was believed to have been heat lamps inside the garage surrounded by straw and other flammable items. Enoch Police Chief Jackson Ames said despite witnesses being able to hear cries for help from inside, rescuers were unable to make entry into the engulfed structure.

The victims have been identified as Frances Brewington, 70, Cynthia “Cyndi” Shaffer, 46 and Jay Brewington, 32.

The funeral is Friday, April 17th, 2015 at the LDS Homestead Chapel (Midvalley Rd & Tomahawk Dr) in Enoch, Utah at 3:00 pm.

Press release from Enoch City Police.

Jay Brewington’s Facebook page

Jay’s Youtube feed

Jay’s Twitter page

Jay’s Google + page

Cynthia Shaffer’s Facebook page

Additional photos

Facebook Comments