Southern Utah is home to many natural wonders, recreational opportunities, and historic sites. Here are some of the must-see places in the region:
- Zion National Park: A stunning natural wonder with towering red rock cliffs, deep canyons, and unique flora and fauna.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: A unique landscape of towering hoodoos and colorful rock formations, Bryce Canyon is one of the most recognizable parks in the region.
- Arches National Park: Another iconic park, Arches is home to over 2,000 natural sandstone arches, as well as other unusual rock formations.
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument: A vast and rugged wilderness area known for its stunning geological formations and diverse plant and animal life.
- Cedar Breaks National Monument: A beautiful alpine landscape with panoramic views and a variety of recreational opportunities, from hiking to stargazing.
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park: A unique and picturesque landscape of bright red sand dunes, popular for off-roading, hiking, and picnicking.
- Moab: A popular outdoor recreation hub known for its proximity to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, as well as its river rafting and mountain biking opportunities.
- Monument Valley: A striking landscape of towering red rock formations and iconic sandstone buttes, made famous through numerous movies and photographs.
- The St. George Temple and Sand Hollow Reservoir are also great places to see.
These are just a few of the many must-see places in southern Utah, and the region has something to offer for everyone, whether you’re looking for breathtaking natural beauty, outdoor recreation, or cultural and historical experiences.