The Cedar City, Utah LDS Temple is being built on the north side of Leigh Hill (280 S Cove Dr). It was announced by LDS Church president Thomas S. Monson on April 6, 2013. The groundbreaking was Saturday, August 8th, 2015 at 10:00 am. It will be the 17th temple in Utah. The closest temple to Cedar City residents right now is the St. George Temple. The angel Moroni statue was placed on top of the tower on September 15, 2016.
- Open House: Fri, October 27 – Sat, November 18, 2017
- Cultural Celebration: Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 7:00 pm (will be broadcast to stake centers in temple district, only youth and those invited will be in Centrum)
- Dedication: Sunday, December 10, 2017 (three sessions, will be broadcast to stake centers in temple district, three hour block of mtgs cancelled for this day)
- Temple Opens: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Get Cedar City Open House Tickets starting Monday, October 2, 2017!
These events have been added to our calendar.
The following stakes will be in the Cedar City Temple district: Beaver, Cedar City Canyon View, Cedar City Cross Hollow, Cedar City Married Student, Cedar City North, Cedar City Utah, Cedar City West, Cedar City YSA 1st, Cedar City YSA 2nd, Ely, Enoch, Enoch West, Escalante, Minersville, Panaca, Panguitch and Parowan!
LDS temples are literally houses of the Lord. The Lord has always commanded his people to build temples, holy buildings in which worthy Saints perform sacred ceremonies and ordinances of the gospel for themselves and for the dead. The Lord visits his temples, and they are the most holy of all places of worship.
Hymn #5, High on a Mountain Top, was written by Joel Hill Johnson while living in Enoch, Utah, a suburb of Cedar City.
Listen to audio you will hear at the cultural celebration:
View PDF Documents about the cultural celebration:
- Video of the Cedar City Temple groundbreaking
- Video of the announcement
- Video of temple from a powered paraglider
- Hoisting of angel Moroni statue
Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s):
- Where do I park for the Open House? When making your online reservation, you will receive specific instructions on where you should park.
- Can pictures be taken? Although pictures may not be taken inside the Temple, we encourage guests to take pictures of the Temple exterior and the grounds of the Temple.
- How can I attend the Cultural Celebration? The Cultural Celebration will be held in the SUU Centrum Arena. The Centrum has just enough seating for the youth who will be performing and some of their leaders. Everyone else will be able to watch the live broadcast of the Cultural Celebration at their local Stake Center.
- Who can attend the temple dedication? Anyone attending the Dedication must be baptized and temple-worthy. The dedication will be broadcasted to the various stake centers in the temple district. You can receive a temple dedication recommend from a bishopric member in your local ward.
Take a look at some beautiful photos!
Includes Wall Charger + 5 ft Cable!
Click picture for more details!