Category «Southern Utah University»

Old Main

Old Main, finished in 1898, was SUU’s first building. SUU was founded in 1897 as the Branch Normal School. The building was built with materials, money, and labor donated by the 1,500 citizens of Cedar City. Many citizens mortgaged their homes and farms to help build the first building of this school. The fire, which …

The Centrum

The Centrum (America First Event Center) houses a 5,300 seat arena and was built in 1985. It replaced the War Memorial Fieldhouse. It is the largest arena in southern Utah. The Centrum Arena is the home of the SUU basketball and gymnastics teams.  There are also six classrooms, five art studios, a photography darkroom, a …